The project involved the 60-minute fire protection of the steel columns and beams to a newly constructed industrial unit.
Due to the site conditions and the proposed use if the building it was recommended that a solvent based intumescent basecoat and a compatible top seal were applied.
The specified product was Nullifire SC902. The specialist intumescent basecoat is a low VOC, one coat, high build system that provides up to 120 minute fire resistance.
- Fast cure, even below 0°C, touch dry in 1 hour
- Early weather resistance, shower proof within 1 hour
- Self-priming system tolerant of light rusting to steel, up to 2 weeks post blasting
- High build potential with all ratings possible in one application
- Fire rating up to 120 minutes tested to BS476 and EN13381: Parts 6, 8 & 10
- Designed for on-site use
- Optifire®+ unique traceability identifier